By Jennifer Webb, Founder, Shakespeare Animal Fund
Years ago when I first got Shakespeare, the namesake for this non-profit, I was dating a man who told me my puppy was never coming into his home. Then he changed his mind and said the puppy could come in his home but would never come into the bedroom. He watched my dog while I was traveling soon after, and when I returned I started getting lectures about buying the right kind of shampoo and toys for my dog, he had been doing research…
Amazing how animals have the ability--through their innocence and personalities--to win us over again and again. Therefore thought all of you might enjoy reading this:
1. The dog is not allowed in the house.
2. OK, the dog is allowed in the house but only in certain areas.
3. The dog is allowed in all rooms but has to stay off the furniture
4. Fine, the dog is allowed on the furniture but is not allowed on the bed.
5. OK, the dog is allowed on the bed but only by invitation.
6. The dog can sleep on the bed but definitely not under the covers.
7. Whatever: the dog can sleep under the covers but can’t take too much room.
8. We need a bigger bed.
Founder, Shakespeare Animal Fund
Make a Donation:
We can easily pay $5 for a fancy cup of coffee these days. And if you would consider giving only $5 a month (the price of that cup of coffee) over the course of a year it would get one wounded or suffering animal to the vet. That’s spectacular, for only $5 monthly. Sign up for regular donations using the form below
Or you can make a check out
to the Shakespeare Animal Fund.
Send it to:
Shakespeare Animal Fund
P.O. Box 8201 Reno, NV 89507
Save the lives of pets and get some perks too!
Become a Member of SAF. Learn more about Memberships here.
Interested in being a corporate sponsor?
Your logo and information will be on our website, all our promotional materials, prominent at our fundraisiers, on press releases and live interviews. Email email@example.com for more information.
The Shakespeare Animal Fund is a
recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.